My friends and I have completely fallen in love with this series that Auralnauts, a YouTube channel that parodies and overwrites the sound from various videos. They do dubs, write original music, and just make some amazing content. I put their Star Wars Jedi Party series on the level of Princess Bride as a cult hit within my family.
As a result, I made an app based around my favorite line in the show.
The current sausage count is:
Go here to download the source code for the entire app for free and change it up/update it/make your own Sausage app!
Note: The app asks for a lot more permissions than it actually uses. I’m just a novice at permissions within PhoneGap, so it asks a little bit more than it actually needs.
- Write out build instructions/information on how to make your own version of the Sausage app/make it something that you can learn from.
- Take the existing MEAN server, add a socket.io connection, and have the “Sausage” counter update in real time whenever anyone hits the “Sausage” button
- Find a better-looking image of Sausages
- Put app the Google Play store
- Build a graph of the times that people have Said sausage.
- Maybe Auralnauts will give me an official Sausage sound, rather than one stripped from the video?
- Consider doing an iOS application, despite the large cost that it would incur upon myself..
- 2015-03-10 — Angular-ified the App, and added the counter via a MEAN server
- 2015-03-09 — Initial version — just plays the sound byte